Brooklyn Car Accident Lawyer Irene H. Gabo Helps Injured Victims Collect Damages
Every day, car accidents injure thousands of Americans on our roads and sidewalks. Car accidents also cause tens of thousands of deaths annually.
Often, car accidents are the result of reckless, intentional, or negligent behavior on the part of other drivers. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a car accident, you might be able to collect monetary damages. Moreover, you may receive money for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional trauma that result from your injuries.
Getting help from an experienced, skilled personal injury lawyer like Irene H. Gabo. Importantly, this can mean the difference between accepting a low settlement amount and recovering the maximum amount of compensation the law allows. What’s more, Irene H. Gabo has helped clients in Brooklyn and across New York State pursue car accident claims for their injuries and obtain favorable outcomes.
Most Car Accidents are Caused By Negligence
Many car accidents are the result of reckless or negligent acts on the part of the driver. Drivers owe a duty to drive reasonably, in a way that does not put others at risk. Unfortunately, drivers who do not take this obligation seriously can cause accidents that injure and kill innocent people.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents that involve driver negligence are:
- Driving while impaired- this can include drunk driving, and driving under the influence of prescription or illegal drugs
- Ignoring stop signs
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Driving while distracted – this can include texting, using the phone, playing with the radio, eating, reaching for something, reading, or talking while driving.
- Driving while fatigued
- Violating traffic laws
- Driving recklessly
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Driving with a poorly maintained car- such as bald tires, broken lights, or inoperable brakes
An accident involving any of the above actions can result in serious injuries. If you can show that someone caused the accident that caused your injuries acted negligently, by not adhering to the appropriate standard of care, you may be able to collect compensation.
Can a Non-Driver Third-Party be Liable for a Car Accident?
There are occasions when the negligence of non-drivers can contribute to or cause an accident and resulting injuries. Proving that third parties caused your injuries can be complicated. In that case, a skilled personal injury lawyer like Irene H. Gabo knows where to look for potentially liable parties. For example, some of the most common car accidents that are caused by negligence by third parties result from:
- Defective car parts such as tires, brakes, and steering columns- the car manufacturer may be liable for faulty parts that cause an accident
- Improperly maintained vehicle- a mechanic or car dealership might be liable if they did not fix something properly
- Poorly maintained roads-whoever is responsible for clearing debris or fixing potholes may be accountable for an accident
- Construction sites – constructions sites that are not well-marked or safe to drive past may indicate negligence by the construction company
- Unsecured cargo – a large truck with an unsecured load that falls and causes an accident may mean that someone at the trucking company was negligent
- Dram Shop – when a drunk driver causes an accident, it is possible that the bar who served him or her the drinks was negligent and responsible for the accident.
Injuries From Car Accidents Are Often Severe
Accidents that result from negligence can result in severe injuries and death for drivers, passengers, and bystanders.
To emphasize, injuries from car accidents may include:
- Broken bones
- Brain damage
- Damage to internal organs
- Collapsed lungs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Torn ligaments
- Injuries to the face and eyes
These injuries can put any family deep into debt. Moreover, the victim may lose income or their job. Indeed, there may be costs for surgeries, medications, physical therapy, and more to aid with your recovery. Hopefully, you can make a full recovery. If not, it can become more and more challenging to pay your bills and support your household.
A personal injury claim can help you pursue compensation. In this situation, hiring a skilled car accident lawyer like Irene H. Gabo can ensure you build a strong case that shows why you deserve to collect damages and how much you deserve.
Statute of Limitations for Automobile Accidents in New York
There is a statute of limitations in New York, covering Brooklyn, that determines how much time victims of negligence have to file car accident claims. In order to determine the time left to file your case, we would need to understand the specific facts. Accordingly, the sooner you call Irene Gabo, the faster you can protect your legal rights.
Call Brooklyn Personal Injury Lawyer Irene H. Gabo for Help to Discuss Your Car Accident
Why do you need a personal injury lawyer after you get hurt in a car accident?
Our personal injury attorneys can:
- Investigate the facts of your case
- Interview witnesses
- Secure and examine medical records
- Obtain evidence
- Provide expert witnesses and testimony
- Negotiate and litigate to ensure fair results
Irene H. Gabo has a proven track record of representing all victims who have suffered personal injuries. In order to receive personalized, professional, and steadfast representation, call Irene H. Gabo for a free evaluation of your case. Call (800) 560-0214 today.